Passiflora
Welcome to the passiflora forum!

Please sign in to post and get access to all the features.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Passiflora
Welcome to the passiflora forum!

Please sign in to post and get access to all the features.
Passiflora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

unknown Decaloba from Nuevo Leon, Mexico

5 posters

Go down

unknown Decaloba from Nuevo Leon, Mexico Empty unknown Decaloba from Nuevo Leon, Mexico

Post by EWortman Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:53 pm

I received this as Passiflora species from Nuevo Leon, Mexico. I know nothing else about it. It would be good to note that it is only a 6" plant when this picture was taken. Any ideas??

unknown Decaloba from Nuevo Leon, Mexico Img_3013

EWortman
EWortman

http://www.bloomingpassion.com

Back to top Go down

unknown Decaloba from Nuevo Leon, Mexico Empty Re: unknown Decaloba from Nuevo Leon, Mexico

Post by Francisco Díez Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:23 pm

Good picture!

Obviously belongs to the supersection Cieca. Looks pretty much like Passiflora suberosa to me but could be another less known one from the same group.
Maybe some more pics of the petiole glands and leaves could help in its identification.
Francisco Díez
Francisco Díez
Admin

https://passiflora.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

unknown Decaloba from Nuevo Leon, Mexico Empty Re: unknown Decaloba from Nuevo Leon, Mexico

Post by Kristen Porter-Utley Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:35 am

This is an excellent picture. I studied this group for my dissertation. It is Passiflora suberosa ssp. litoralis. It doesn't have much color in the corona, operculum, or limen floor, though. That is a bit unusual. Do you have any photos of the fruits? At what elevation was the plant growing. Nice job!

Kristen Porter-Utley

Back to top Go down

unknown Decaloba from Nuevo Leon, Mexico Empty Another unknown species from Neuvo Leon

Post by crendon Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:11 pm

unknown Decaloba from Nuevo Leon, Mexico Hpim1110
This species from Neuvo Leon, Mexico although not identified, has accession number/information and growing in an arid area at the University of California Botanical Garden at Berkeley. A few years back I propagated cuttings, but remember only one plant bought by a member at our Plant Sale.

crendon

Back to top Go down

Post by eaglefour Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:12 pm

Good evening,
It could be the passion Lutea
Eaglefour
Ps I can not put photos
eaglefour
eaglefour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum